Monday, September 24, 2007

My Space Guardian Toolbar

By: Clay Sinclair

Recently a client of mine contacted me asking about a service offered by a so-called  "Internet Marketing Company". They're promoting a new toolbar that is downloaded for free called My Space Guardian.


What is My Space Guardian Toolbar?:

My Space Guardian toolbar is a toolbar that positions itself at the top of your web browser that has some great features for My Space users. With some robust search features and My Space safety features like their Predator search it almost seems too good to be free ... or is it?


Here's How it Works:

When the user plugs in a keyword search, their toolbar basically takes the search results hostage and displays results from their list of clients. That's right, you're not always seeing Google Results - you're seeing their paid clients results. This could be in the form of banners, ppc advertising and possibly
even organic listings.

While they advertise the download as containing "No Spyware" - I have to question what they do with the information gleaned from the search data.


In Summary:

They offered my client 4 keywords @ a cost of over $7k and guaranteed them 30,000+ clicks. My advice to them was to "run away"! These types of services typically don't provide results. Plus, my client's PPC Campaigns typically produce an ROI between 500% and 700%. I advised them to spend the $7k in Adwords where the return is solid.

However, you need to analyze your product / service against their market place. In this case, would My Space be a hot bed of people interested in what you have to offer?


Pay Per Click Edge:

For an impressive look at PPCE and their capabilities, review their PPC Management Proven Success page.

For a look at PPCE's Pay Per Click Management approach check out their Services page!


Contact PPCE today at 888.451.6063 or email us at info@ppce.net